Walt Disney World®

Why You Should Visit Walt Disney World® During Christmas

If you’re wondering whether or not you should visit Walt Disney World® during Christmas, the answer is YES! Check out all of the wonderful things Disney has to offer during the holidays!

My family and I LOVE going to Walt Disney World® during Christmas time. It is truly the best place to get you in the Christmas spirit. Everything is so magical, as it is all year round, but during the Christmas season Disney goes above and beyond. There are SO many fun things to do with your family, from watching the fantastic holiday-themed shows to indulging in delicious holiday treats. You can NEVER get bored!

Even if you have been to Walt Disney World® during Christmas time in the past, there is always something new to see and explore. Whether that be a new, delicious treat or a new show to watch, everyone is sure to find something that they love when it comes to holidays at Disney.

So, let me tell you about all the reasons why you should take a trip to Walt Disney World® during Christmas:

1. The Decor

There are thousands of lights, Christmas trees, and Christmas displays for you to enjoy as you walk through every theme park. At every entrance, there is a HUGE Christmas tree decorated with all of the finest ornaments and “presents” underneath it. There’s even falling snow! And my absolute favorite has to be the castle that’s decorated with thousands of sparkling lights at night time.

why you should visit walt disney world during christmas

why you should visit walt disney world during christmas

why you should visit walt disney world during christmas

why you should visit walt disney world during christmas

why you should visit walt disney world during christmas

2. The Food and Food Events

There is definitely no shortage of holiday themed treats during this time of year at Walt Disney World®! From Santa hat cupcakes to Gingerbread martinis, everyone will definitely find something they love. There’s also special holiday food events that you can participate in for an extra ticket price, such as the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party at Hollywood Studios and several Candlelight Processional dining packages in Epcot. With the candlelight processional packages, you can enjoy elegant and delectable holiday meals with your family over, you guessed it, candlelight!

Or, if you’re looking for something with a little less holly jolly, you could participate in the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party in Epcot or the Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace in Magic Kingdom. Both of these events have an assortment of delicious desserts that everyone will enjoy.

3. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

During this fun holiday party, Mickey and his friends are dressed up in their holiday best and Magic Kingdom is lit up in sparkly Christmas lights. Main Street USA is decorated to a T, and special Disney (and non-Disney) characters that you rarely see will show up for you to interact with, like Jack Skellington and Santa Clause! There are also certain rides that will be open during the party (and this is a limited ticketed event, so the wait times are usually significantly less!).

4. The Shopping

There are definitely TONS of shops all over the Disney property. It would take you days just to go through them all! You can get all of your Christmas shopping done here and get magical gifts to bring home to your family. Disney Springs and Main Street USA are my favorite places to get Disney merch and special gifts. From handbags to jewelry and home decor, Disney has it all!

5. The Attractions

Of course, there are the classic Disney World rides and shows you can never forget! Thrilling rides like Splash Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Hollywood Tower of Terror, and Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will never get old. And you can’t miss the wonderful Disney shows and parades that go on every single day.

So there you have it! My favorite reasons to visit Walt Disney World during Christmas.

If you’ve been during Christmas, what’s your favorite event/attraction?

If you’re overwhelmed with the vacation planning process and need an expert’s help, I’d be happy to assist you! Click here for a free, no obligation quote for your next magical vacation!

If you’re reading in 2018, there’s a sweet deal I’d like to share with you!

When you book a 5 night stay at a Disney Moderate, Deluxe, or Deluxe Villa resort checking in on December 17th, 2018 and checking out December 22nd, 2018, your package will include:

– 4 day Park Hopper theme park tickets
– Exclusive nighttime access to Toy Story Land and certainly Animal Kingdom Park attractions
– Tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party
– Exclusive early morning access to Christmas shopping at the World of Disney store and Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail Experience
– An exclusive holiday dinner buffet at Epcot

A family of four could take this vacation for as low as $3,500!

Contact me today for a quote!

Please follow and like us:

You may also like...

42 Comments

1. We went during Christmas and it was awesome. See all the decorations and different Santa from all countries. Perfect

1. themousemama says:

It is so fun! So glad you had a great time!

2. I’ve never been to a Disney park for Christmas, but I have done Epcot for New Year’s Eve!! And it was by far the best New Year’s I have ever had! I would love to go around Christmas to see all the great decorations!!

1. themousemama says:

New Years at Disney is the best! You should definitely go at Christmastime one year, it is crazy busy but in my opinion its worth it!

3. Oh, these photos are incredible. Thank you so much for sharing. I’ve always wanted to go but thought that Christmas would be too overwhelming. I think I’m going to start planning for next year!

1. themousemama says:

Thank you so much! Christmas is their busiest time of year, but with all of the cool things they have going on, to me it is so worth it! I would love to plan your trip for you! 🙂 I’d be happy to give you a quote if you are interested!

4. I loved Disney I got to go when I was a kid! I still remember some of it.

Its so much fun!

5. I don’t have kids – but I have heard it is still so much fun for adults. this looks gorg!
    IG @neeloofathi

1. themousemama says:

Oh its definitely not just for kids! My husband and I have been going for years on our own.

6. Looks magical – I’d love to do this! When I was younger I went for Halloween which was pretty incredible too! x

1. themousemama says:

Halloween is also a great time to visit!

7. Its actually my dream to go to Disney around Christmas, we’re moving to Florida next year so I think it’s actually going to happen. I’m so excited!

1. themousemama says:

Ahh how exciting! I hope you have a blast!

8. I would love to visit during the Christmas season! Thank for giving me more reasons to add this to my bucket list!

1. themousemama says:

Of course! I hope you get the chance to go one day!

9. I have never been to Disney world, but always want to go. This looks like it would be a wonderful time of year to visit the parks.

You should totally go! You would love it 🙂

10. Oh christmas at Disney World must be magical. We visited Disneyland in Paris a few years back and enjoyed it so much – I don’t think being an adult takes away from the experience at all. We are planning to go when our family is old enough to remember and were thinking Christmas would be the perfect time. I’m so excited after reading this 🙂

1. themousemama says:

Oh how wonderful! I’ve never been to Disneyland Paris but it’s on my bucket list. You should definitely go during Christmas time! 🙂

11. I absolutely love Disney world it always look so pretty during Christmas i have to go one year specifically for that.

1. themousemama says:

Yes you totally should! You would love it!

12. I’ve been twice at Christmas and it really is such a wonderful time to visit. It’s that little bit more magical than it usually is.

1. themousemama says:

Definitely! We love it at Christmas time.

13. Disney World is sure a dream destination 🙂 I can imagine it absolutely is a perfect place to be during Christmas time.

It sure is! 🙂

14. How magical! I love WDW and would love to visit during the holidays. I’ve been twice in October, so I love seeing it all decorated for Halloween. I’m sure the decor and food around the holidays are just amazing.

1. themousemama says:

We love going in October as well! Those are awesome times to go, even with the crowds!

15. Visiting Disneyworld during the holidays is on my bucket list. Your post makes me want to go sooner rather than later. There really is something magical about DW

1. themousemama says:

You will definitely love it!

16. This place is so magical!! I can’t wait to take my girls there. They are only 4 & 2 so we want to wait a few more years because it’s a far trip for us.

1. themousemama says:

I completely understand! You will have a blast when you get to go!

17. Another good reason…it isn’t AS hot in December!

Amen!!

18. Jalisa says:

We love going during the holidays. We normally go the first week of December and love it

1. themousemama says:

We do too! I think it’s one of the best times to go!

19. Bailey says:

We LOVED our Christmas trip to Disney! It was amazing how much extra Christmas magic there was!

1. themousemama says:

I’m so glad you had fun!

20. Denise says:

This looks so magical I have never been to Disneyland but I really really want to go I love Christmas so much I guess I will have to Synchronize my trip with Christmas thank you for sharing this.

1. themousemama says:

So glad you enjoyed reading this! I hope you get your trip to Disney soon!

21. Kelsey says:

OMG you are making me so jealous! I can’t wait to take my toddler to Disney!

1. themousemama says:

I know y’all will have a blast!